Support at Watton Children’s Centre
If you are the parent or carer of a child aged 0-5 or are expecting a baby, you are able to access a wealth of support from a range of different professionals at Watton children’s centre
Currently we are able to offer services inclusive of:
- Breastfeeding support on a one to one basis and within the groups from our Unicef Accredited Breastfeeding support worker
- Support for children with additional needs from our trained Portage workers. Portage is a specialised service focusing on play for children in the home who have developmental delay or diagnosed additional needs. A specialist stay and play “Little Pals” for children with additional needs runs once a month from the centre.
- Solihull Understanding children’s behaviour course, a ten week course to support parents to understand children’s behaviour and develop solutions and strategies for managing behaviour effectively. The course is free and offers a free crèche for your children.
- Parent wellbeing café, a drop in cafe run by a family support worker for parents who would like advice and support, or who need some time for me. Activities including cross stitch, painting, bag making, candle making and more are provided to support mindfulness and positive wellbeing.
- Drawing for talking, a therapeutic support for children provided on a one to one basis on receipt of a referral from a parent or professional.
- Counselling, two trained counsellors are available for parents or carers who would benefit from some one to one counselling support, self-referrals welcome or referrals from professionals
- Family support for anything ranging from sleep difficulties and behavioural challenges to support with benefits, housing, domestic abuse, poor mental health.
- Hardship Fund, you can apply for support with funding of childcare, transportation, resources and more if you do not have the financial means to fund these things yourself.
- The freedom programme, a peer support course for survivors or victims of domestic abuse.
- Infant Massage as part of a group or on a one to one basis delivered by our IAMS accredited Massage facilitator.